● 1896; Dr. J.W. Torbett arrived in Marlin and built the Bethesda Sanatorium & Bath House
● 1908; the original Torbett Sanatorium was dedicated
● 1936; Dr. J.W. Torbett, E.P. Hutchings, and Howard O. Smith formed a private corporation in the name of Torbett Clinic & Hospital.
● 1949; the Torbett Clinic on Coleman Street was built and was dedicated in 1951.
● 1961; groundbreaking of Torbett-Hutchings-Smith Memorial Hospital; January 14, 1963 facility opened.
● April 6, 1970; third floor addition to hospital was opened and occupied, bringing total bed capacity to 130.
● June 1972; the ancillary addition was completed, including dietary, laundry, laboratory and administrative.
●1977; clinic at 307 Live Oak Street was opened
●1978; the U. S. Dept. of Energy (Geothermal Division) and the Texas Energy Advisory Council completed a project to heat the hospital using Marlin’s hot mineral water.
●1990; the name was changed to Falls Community Hospital and Clinic, reflecting its service area of Falls County.